Re: [LUG] SARGE released

Well of all days for it to happen my sarge server had a tantrum!.

I though i would just force an apt-get upgrade to ensure that everything was upto date. I went for coffee and came back to people shouting the network is down! arrggg!. Pluged in a monitor to the server and there was a buch of stuff to do with hda interrupts that i didn't write down (doh!, but panic was rife) and much had scrolled off the screen anyway. Server would not respond to anything other then the reset button (doh!). Only thing in syslog that i don't like is :-

Jun  7 10:11:20 localhost init: Trying to re-exec init

what was that trying to do?

There were a couple of other entries after that untill 10:11:56 (one DHCP renew) then :-

Jun  7 10:11:56 localhost exiting on signal 15

The bitter end :-(

Any ideas? Was this a hardware induced problem or some other bug?, clearly the kernel was locked up.

Robin C