[LUG] running make xconfig

Hi

Just been trying to run make xconfig, I have found a way to do this, via the menus

1. Asssuming you have qt-development and other dependancies, plus you have got the kernel source (and decompressed it)

tar -xvjf filename (it's a tar.bz2 file)

As with my last solution to put an edit as root option on the menu

Press
Settings
Menu Editor

Create a new entry and use the following

name - kernel config utility (or whatever you want)
description - again what you want goes here

in the command box type

make xconfig

In the work path type

/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11

in the run as dfferent user box,  tick the check box and type root

save and exit the utility, when you click on the k menu you will have a new menu at the top that will go directly to make xconfig,

obviously you will have to enter the root password, (ps the qt widget looks more colourful as root, plus you can save which is a big bonus)

Hope this helps

Paul