[LUG] Pinnacle DC10+ in Linux

Hi All,

Those with long memories may remember I had all kinds of grief previously with this card. Basically Pinnacle have changed the chip onboard from the old and *standard* BT8x series to a new chip called Bendino. They won't give out information to developers so anyone with one of these horrible cards cannot use it in Linux (I know I've been trying long enough).

I had a thought this morning I would like to run by you guys and gals for feasibility:

Ndiswrapper works as we know by taking the existing Windows driver and converting the information it provides from the Wifi hardware into a format that Linux can use. Simply put (and I know it is anything *but* a simple proposition!) *in theory* is there anything *technically* to stop a developer using the Windows XP driver for the new Pinnacle cards in an "ndiswrapper-like" environment?

Please note I'm not enquiring about the legalities of licensing for various bits and pieces, as I know it's a minefield with EULAs, closed/open source, GPL, etc etc. Also I'm not a lawyer and I don't want to provoke a war about the rights and wrongs of whether it should be done. All I would like to know is, from a *purely* academic/technical viewpoint, could it be done?

Kind regards,

Julian