Re: [LUG] Which ADSL modem?

Quoting Jason Smith <devnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Having just gotten broadband I want to access the web using Linux
(Mandrake 9.2) can anyone recommend a good ADSL modem?

I'm not sure if you've had any other replies on this, but from personal
experience, I'd suggest getting an ADSL Router.  You can pick them up fairly
cheaply from somewhere like www.eBuyer.com

If you're not an expert on setting the things up you'd probably be worth going
for something like a Belkin/D-Link or Netgear ADSL router as these seem to be
well supported (although I have been known to wait up to an hour for support on
D-Link products in the past, but saying that, it could be a one off!).

All you'd need then is a network card in your machine if you haven't already
got one.  I think most popular cheap cards would be compatible, for instance
the cards based on the Realtek 8139 chipset.

Rob