[LUG] Which ADSL modem?

Having just gotten broadband I want to access the web using Linux (Mandrake 9.2) can anyone recommend a good ADSL modem?

Right now I have a 'SAGEM F@ST 800 usb' (yes I know cable modems are better). There's quite good support for this modem on Linux (because of its popularity in France I think) but I just can't seem to get it to work even after following the installation guides. If anyone has had any success with it I wouldn't mind saving the money.