Re: [LUG] D-link modem router problem

Perhaps the reason it's enabled by default is that the software is being aimed at business users, (or partly), and therefore if you are rolling out a large number of installs having ipv6 probably makes more sense, however for home use it does not,

Perhaps this should be an install option, with ipv6 as default but changeable depending on user input or options set during install,

one of the problems I guess when software companies tries to please both home users and multi user corporate users.

Either that or they are trying to get everyone using IPv6,

Could be wrong mind.

Paul

I'll second that (even if you're not using AOL). Later distros, for some reason that is *completely* beyond me, come with IPv6 enabled as default. This causes grief that may appear either to be random or (as you might have observed) that appears to follow a spurious pattern.

Insertion of "alias net-pf-10 off" into /etc/modprobe.conf may well fix things.

jd

--

PAIGNTON RUGBY CLUB ARE LOOKING FOR SPONSORS.

Options include Ball, and match sponsorship, Team Sponsorship
and advertising banners which last the whole season (September - May 1st)

Please visit.
www.paigntonrugby.co.uk - click sponsorship for details.

Linux -

Free your mind, save money, Use Linux and open source.
Open source,  don't get left in the dark ages, migrate now.
www.linux.org