Re: [LUG] Which ADSL modem?

I would go with a router too, as this is linked to a hub and allows connection of up to 5 computers, even if you only have 1 computer, if you have friends round or need to fix a second computer for someone, it's so much easier simply to connect a length of cat5, to the hub, esp now most new computers have built in network cards.

Paul

Jason Smith wrote:
Having just gotten broadband I want to access the web using Linux (Mandrake 9.2) can anyone recommend a good ADSL modem?

Right now I have a 'SAGEM F@ST 800 usb' (yes I know cable modems are better). There's quite good support for this modem on Linux (because of its popularity in France I think) but I just can't seem to get it to work even after following the installation guides. If anyone has had any success with it I wouldn't mind saving the money.

--

PAIGNTON RUGBY CLUB ARE LOOKING FOR SPONSORS.

Options include Ball, and match sponsorship, Team Sponsorship
and advertising banners which last the whole season (September - May 1st)

Please visit.
www.paigntonrugby.co.uk - click sponsorship for details.

Linux -

Free your mind, save money, Use Linux and open source.
Open source,  don't get left in the dark ages, migrate now.
www.linux.org