Re: [LUG] dabawegnu website launched

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 23:08, Neil Williams wrote:

That was the carriage costs, was it? How long does it take to get out there
for that price?

Yep, the computers where donated. All I found was the carriage costs.
Philippines is excellent for this because there is a lot of competition
among shippers due to the large ex-pat "user base" in this country. My
total effort is quite insignificant compared to what the group have put
in at the other end, but its a team effort and we are making a small
dent in digital divide.

My plan is to visit Davao City this August so I will hopefully be taking
some footage on my analogue camcorder, and report back at a future
meeting. Its going to be an interesting trip, if First Choice / UniJet /
Kuwait Airlines sort out the mess they made of my bookings, but thats
another story.

Cameroon (my next project) is proving a harder nut to crack :-( Im
hoping to send them a very small box with 2 hubs, network cards and a
book on gnu/linux. They are windows based at the moment but I'm not the
only person suggesting they use gnu/linux so fingers crossed.

Anyway if anyone is interested here is there website.

http://www.techcefacos.trick.ca

Tom.