[LUG] dabawegnu website launched

Hi all,

I just thought you would like to know that the latest batch of recycled
computers to the Philippines has been put into good service to aid the
development of the DabaweGNU Inc. group (Davao City's GNU/LUG).

The link here shows the DabaweGNU lab being used in a XUL training
session.

http://www.dabawegnu.org/events/xul-fld/pictures

The suite has been put into service as a teaching aid for the group.
This is in addition to the earlier School LTSP link up with Kapitan
Thomas Elementary School that some of you will remember from 2 years ago
(pictures available on the site).

I downloaded the XUL presentation Open Office files and had a quick
look. Considering that English will be the lecturers 3rd language I was
quite impressed with the quality and depth of knowledge in the
presentations.

I think it goes to show that you can use an old dog (recycled computers)
to teach yourself new tricks !

Further information about dabaweGNU Inc, there aims and projects past
and present and future can be found on the above site (not that this is
a promotion in any way).

All in all I think it was £210 well spent (Monitors not included !).

Tom.