Re: [LUG] Kernel upgrade

?| I have found the kernel, I have downloaded it, and I can run make
?menuconfig (but not xconfig..each time I do I get a demand that it wants
?the QT libraries, and not gconfig - forgot the reasons for that)
?
?Got QT devel installed ?
Nope. thanks. will look for the package.

?
?| But rather than going through the entire kernel and setting it up from
?scratch, I thought it would make a lot more sense to Load an Alternate
?Configuration file and then amend the settings in my current kernel.
?
?Personally I would build from scratch... but thats just me... cut out
?all the unrequired stuff..
?
Yes, but what I was planning to do was Load the working configuration
into xconfig, and then amend it, line by line until I had a tailored
kernel

?
?Use a 64bit distro if i were you.. you shelled out for a 64bit CPU.. may
?as well use it..

Learning Debian... Found a kernel-image at the site, apt-get installed
it. But the $^$ machine booted too quickly. Anyway am now running
2.6.8-10-amd64-k8

Will play around with it this weekend, and then think I will post a page
on the website for what I did; in case it helps someone else

(In case this message does not appear in the right spot: I am also having some
problems with my email server and with exim: that is a separate story. Probably
ending with my changing email servers)

Thanks