Re: [LUG] Thunderbird mail files

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:30:44 +0100
Julian Hall wrote:

You were right.  What foxed me initially is that Debian (Xandros) uses a
custom build of T'bird and names the folders slightly differently.  So
instead of T for Thunderbird I had to look for M for
Mozilla-Thunderbird.  Once I figured that out it was as you say a
relatively simple task of copying over the profile information from one
to the other.  I also managed to do it with Firefox as well which is
built into Xandros by default so all my bookmarks and prefs are intact.

Plus I have more free space on /home now having been able to delete the
original folders and duplicate executables.

Kind regards,

Julian

Julian, are you multibooting Xandros and Mandrake?  If so then I would symlink one
directory to another rather than deleting/renaming one.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.