Re: [LUG] Thunderbird mail files

Peter Walker wrote:

IIRC all local mail is stored in a folder within your profile directory. Normally this would be in your home directory anyway. Where does Xandros put it? I think the default for POP3 mail is for it to be stored in the Local Folder. If you click on the top level of this you get the admin page which takes you to folder settings. You can specify where the folder will be stored here.
This will leave your profile wherever Xandros put it. If you want to move that then it is a manual edit I think.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete,

You were right. What foxed me initially is that Debian (Xandros) uses a custom build of T'bird and names the folders slightly differently. So instead of T for Thunderbird I had to look for M for Mozilla-Thunderbird. Once I figured that out it was as you say a relatively simple task of copying over the profile information from one to the other. I also managed to do it with Firefox as well which is built into Xandros by default so all my bookmarks and prefs are intact.

Plus I have more free space on /home now having been able to delete the original folders and duplicate executables.

Kind regards,

Julian