Re: [LUG] Networking

aaron Moore wrote:

Hi each and all

(I have set up shares on home folders. Can any one offer advice?

Hi Aaron,

Quick question. Do you have your Linux logon as one of the users on the Windows box? I'm assuming you haven't left the Windows shares at the defaults of "everyone" which is not exactly secure. On my system I have 3 users allowed maximum per share, the PC itself and both laptops. That way even if anyone got past the router firewall *and* the software firewalls they'd still have to get past the share security to see any information.

Kind regards,

Julian