[LUG] kgdb

Has anyone here managed to use kgdb, i seem to be too stupid to get it to
work?

I have (kgdb) patched and compiled and installed kernel-2.6.7 on test machine,
and after some messing around with what drivers are built into the kernel i
have got it to boot without a initrd. The kernel halts waiting for remote
connection, which i can supply from my other system and get the system to
boot. BUT i can't see any reference back to source code and linenumbers, all
backtraces are anomous addresses and even the kernel halt at boot which
should show "breakpoint () at gdbstub.c:1153"  just shows "0xc012dd90 in ??
()". I have the same kernel source with bzImage and system.map on the
development machine (not running as i didn't think that was necessary). But i
am stuck!

Thanks

--
Robin Cornelius