[LUG] Networking

Hi each and all

Have been trying to set up home network. 2 computers, 1 suse9.2 the other windows
xp, connected by a cross over ethernet cable using basic samber/swat settings. I can
see the suse machine from the xp machine, but not the windows machine from the suse
one.  I assume there is something I need to do to the windows box,  (I have set up
shares on home folders.  Can any one offer advice?

Also, would like to connect up another box to recieve internet.  If I add the
appropriate number of network cards can I get the suse box to act as a router?

Thanx in anticipation