Re: [LUG] Time again

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:56:42 +0100 (BST), "Martin White"
<martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ahhh! I SEE :o)

Okay, will update the config then.

There's something weird going on here. From what i can see, the time's
creeping out again. As i'm typing this i just checked it and my server
says 16:54, my clock (which updates itself some radio thingy) hasn't got
past 16:51 yet. This morning though the server's time was fine.

Does ntpq -pn show you still connected, or has the server you are
trying to sync to gone unreachable? There is no guarantee of Quality
of Service with ntp pool servers :-) If so this problem should go away
when you add extra servers.

It might also be worth adding

       server 127.127.1.0
       fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 13

lines to ntp.conf to use your computer's clock as last-resort.
If you are running ntp 4.2 you can also try

       restrict default nomodify notrap nopeer limited

provided you also add

       restrict 127.0.0.1

to enable local access.

Dave