Re: [LUG] Time again

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:50:27 +0100, Martin White
<martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Stuck "uk." in front of the server address as Simon suggested earlier in the
week (forgot to redo it after changing my ntp package) and i'm now getting
delays of less than 40 milliseconds, and also the time seems to have stayed
correct overnight.

Dave, i would point to your servers but i wouldn't know what to do to ensure i
didn't break the 300 hits per hour rule.

Martin - a clarification :
they are not *my servers*, they are other servers I happen to use,
don't worry about the 300pkt/hr bit, your poll interval should start
at 64 seconds, and over time increase to 1024 seconds (3 pkts/hr).
Providing you are seeing 377 in the reach column you will have no
problems. the number of abusive clients I see is <1 in 10,000, and has
got better in the last 6 months. Try it, in the highly unlikely event
the connection gets cut off by my automatic firewall just send me a
email and I will try to sort it out for you.

Dave
--
http://www.morgad.no-ip.info/index.html    gpg:0x64B5E037
Distributed Proofreaders: http://www.pgdp.net