Re: [LUG] Xandros 3.0 Open Circulation Distro

I'm willing to bet you can just do a <CTRL><ALT><F1> (or F2, F3, F4 etc) from
the login window of X to get to a console, login as root and then do a:

To resolve all you KDE issues. This does indeed occur if you've done an
upgrade and then used you old home. The first time i did this it had me going
for ages!!

The module for the networking that you're after is:

"forcedeth" so i guess you could _TRY_ modprobe forcedeth as root but i'm sure
if it was there then it would detect it and do so itself so without a network
connection to retreive the modules you could be a little stuck on that one.

That's not a proprietry module though, it's a reverse engineered one. Well,
according to the kernel source i'm looking at anyway.

If you had Mandrake Official (ie, bought with a club membership or boxed set
rather than downloaded) then they do ship the proprietry drivers which will
include the graphics drivers and stuff too.

I'm not sure if there's the reverse engineered ones AND proprietry ones. If so
i guess it could still be worth a look on the installation medium, but i'm
very surprised it didn't already intsall them. nForce is a very common
network card these days especially with the increase in interest in small
form factors like Shuttles etc.

Martin.