Legalities of libraries (was [LUG] Development)

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:19:37 +0000
Martin White wrote:

Often, even if libraries already
exist to do something it is easier to write something from scratch than to
get the corporate wheels to approve the use of said third party library.
Looking through the current legal contract of work it was even more true if
the libraries were open source.

Call me naive (now don't all shout at once :D) but I just don't understand that.  I
was under the impression that most Free Software libraries were under the LGPL which
allows their use in non-GPL software.  And I thought that most other "open source"
libraries were under licenses with similar clauses.  So how would using these
libraries impact on the legal state of affairs of the software being produced?

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.