Re: [LUG] Development

Seems a relatively innocent post or two on my part sparked quite  abit of
conversation here yesterday! - oops :)

Anyway, still very busy...

With your members area password, you might like to put this in the Members
Register - you can read other people's info as well.

I guess i'll put something  inthere when i've decided what i'm interested in
getting involved in (if anything). Most importantly, i'll lurk for a while
and see if there's anything on the go that interests me that i CAN asssit in.
Maybe not but you never know :)

So, what do i do? Mainly image conversion. Taking raw input data streams,

imagemagick type stuff?

I don't know since i don't know imagemagick!! I think i downloaded some IM
libraries once (excepting those that may already have been installed on linux
distros i've tried). One of the things i tend to hit, which i did on my
current project is "proof of originality". Often, even if libraries already
exist to do something it is easier to write something from scratch than to
get the corporate wheels to approve the use of said third party library.
Looking through the current legal contract of work it was even more true if
the libraries were open source. Consequently, it's grab a copy of the (for
instance) TIFF specification and get coding!

An example may be to rattle through the IDT's and image strip's to validate
the contents on the fly during the conversion of millions of documents.

Unless i'm mistaken, i noticed an entry in the members area that sounded like
they did a very similar line of work!

Martin.
PS: Apologies if the spelling is bad, my vnc connection is really dodgy to
this box  butsince it will be new install time at the weekend i really can't
be bothered to investigate why!