From: David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [LUG] Updating Red Hat 9

On Wednesday 23 Feb 2005 15:49, Chycor Ltd wrote:

Does anyone have any experience or can offer guidance in how to keep
this
server up to date in terms of general linux security fixes, patches,
kernel
updates etc in order to ensure that our server is not compromised due to
known security exploits that may exist.

The Fedora Legacy Project (http://fedoralegacy.org/) are providing
security
updates/fixes for RH9, installable using the YUM tool. First you need to
download YUM from:
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

Then follow the documentation on the Fedora Legacy site to get set-up,
then
you can install all the latest fixes etc. with a single command.

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson