[LUG] PCMCIA issues

[I know.. sorry Alex I wasn't paying attention! Doh!]

Hi All,

Well I expect you remember the major grief I had with getting my new laptop onto Wireless. Just to recap the kit is this:

Mandrake 10.1
Compaq Presario 3307EA laptop
[TI PCI1620 Cardbus Controller]
Netgear WG511T Wireless Carbus NIC

Turns out the PCI1620 was the offender. Basically it is much better explained than I ever could on this website:

http://www1.uop.edu/~khughes/presario-r3120us/#pcmcia

After I last asked here, I went to the MADWifi mailing list for help, who after a day or so helped me work out that the PCI1620 was the problem. Then I Googled and found the above website with a link to a mailing list for Linuxon my specific family of laptop (LinuxR3000 list). The author of the website helped me work out what I needed to and now I am most of the way there.

One question I'm sure you all can help me with: To make the Cardbus controller see the card I have to use a console as root and type in 'setpci -s 0:a.0 SUBORDINATE_BUS=0A' and then 'lspci -s 0:a.0 -v'. Not sure I actually *need* the second one as, if I understand it correctly it's just giving information, not changing anything.

What file do I need to add the setpci command to in order for it to be executed on boot?

Once I have it surviving a reboot I can start configuring the connection fully :)

Kind regards,

Julian