[LUG] Updating Red Hat 9

Hi all,

We have recently purchased a dedicated web server which runs Red Hat 9 (not enterprise version) and configure it in terms of apache and mysql through the Webmin Control Panel interface.

Does anyone have any experience or can offer guidance in how to keep this server up to date in terms of general linux security fixes, patches, kernel updates etc in order to ensure that our server is not compromised due to known security exploits that may exist.

I appreciate that the latest open-source incarnation from RedHat is now Fedora for which updates seem readily available through the normal channels but information for updating Red Hat 9 seems very thin on the ground.

Regards
Philip Radford.
Redruth, Cornwall.