Re: [LUG] glunarclock

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 15:49, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:49:27 +0000
You can use Synaptic, if you want.  There is an option to view the
package's details (I think you can get it by right-clicking on the
package).  If the package is already installed, then you can view what
files are associated with it by using the "installed files" tab.

Okay, but it seems to just tell me the same as locate.
Still can't find a 'configure', 'make' or 'make install'
file.  I have a feeling that Synaptic did all that automatically,
but without the required command line arguements
needed to install it correctly, as mentioned by the
README.

I have used synaptic to remove the package for now.

I think maybe I should be doing this via the command
line?  I think I have to learn at some point if I'm going
to get the most out of Linux...

Is the command I need to start with:

apt-get install glunarclock

?

I tried it and it seems to have produced the same list
of files I had from synaptic.

Forgive me if I'm being a little dense here, what is it
I should be doing?

Anton