Re: [LUG] NFS with DHCP

Julian Hall wrote:

Having said that I just stumbled across a website which might give a solution. The suggestion is to leave the router on DHCP, but move the range up enough to accomodate any machines that need static IPs. For example;

192.168.0.5 - 51.

If two machines need static IPs change the bottom end of the range to 192.168.0.4 and give them 03 and 04. That leaves the DHCP active to assign IPs to the wireless machines.

And I made a pig's ear of the example :)

It should have read:

Default IP range:

192.168.0.2 - 51

Move the bottom end up:

192.168.0.5 -51

Thus freeing up 03 and 04 for the two machines requiring static IPs. However DHCP is still active for the wireless.

The issue of mounting and unmounting I'll leave to the other email :)

Kind regards,

Julian