Re: [LUG] Progress Report

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:01:44 +0000
Anton Channing wrote:

My only real problem at the moment is lack of sound.
Some searching on Google has suggested that my card
(Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum Pro)
isn't supported.  Anyone know what I might be able
to do to sort this out?  Or where to look for a solution?

Anton

I am surprised at this.  The Audigy (and, presumably, the Audigy2) use the EMU10k1
chipset, which is well supported.
I know this might sound a little rude, but you'd be astonished at how frequently
this occurs... check your volumes.  By default things are off (either volume right
down or muted) in a lot of distros.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.