Re: [LUG] Progress Report

On Saturday 12 February 2005 19:05, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:01:44 +0000

Anton Channing wrote:
My only real problem at the moment is lack of sound.
Some searching on Google has suggested that my card
(Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum Pro)
isn't supported.  Anyone know what I might be able
to do to sort this out?  Or where to look for a solution?

Anton

I am surprised at this.  The Audigy (and, presumably, the Audigy2) use the
EMU10k1 chipset, which is well supported. I know this might sound a little
rude, but you'd be astonished at how frequently this occurs... check your
volumes.  By default things are off (either volume right down or muted) in
a lot of distros.

Nope, its definitely not this.  I get errors stating my
sound device doesn't exist.  Forget exact wording,
I just tried to copy and paste it, but for some reason
its not in clipboard to paste.  Would have to reboot
to get it again.

My volume is at zero, but it won't let me turn it up,
presumably because there is no sound device detected.

Don't worry, I see nothing rude in your post.  Even
software developers are capable of missing the
blindingly obvious!

Anton