Re: [LUG] Epson Stylus Photo R200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Williams" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [LUG] Epson Stylus Photo R200

Is the printer visible / configurable in the KDE Print Manager? Load the
KDE
Control Centre and view the Printer peripheral as administrator. If it
doesn't show up, try adding a new printer using a right click.

I can use the printer with the TurboPrint driver and it shows up in CUPS.
The difficulty comes with GIMP.  Basically GIMP wants a driver from the
GIMP-PRINT (or CUPS I'm not sure which) database and my printer is not on
it.  Allegedly it will be there if I upgrade GIMP-PRINT and CUPS to the
current versions.  Until then I am stuck with a printer working under its'
capabilities.  Having said that, at least it works, so maybe I'll wait until
there are RPMs available of the latest packages.

Kind regards,

Julian