Re: [LUG] Epson Stylus Photo R200

Neil Williams wrote:

there's no substitute for reading the README and README.cvs where provided. If those don't answer the question, ask (nicely) before leaping in where angels fear to tread.
:-)

It's not the design of the package itself that requires the root user to make install - it is solely down to the permissions of the default directories.

Hi All,

Apologies all round for my bit of a rant earlier today. Neil has kindly explained the source of my problems (if you'll pardon the pun!) and I now know where the problem is. Rob Beard will probably recognise the following acronym common to tech support if nobody else does.

PEBCAK.

Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

*ahem*

Anyway, at this stage I'm scratching my head a bit as CUPS, KOPete and GIMP-Print are all past the make install stage, but I don't know what to do next. My slightly logical thought was "OK I've *made* the install files (at least that's what make install does isnt it?), does that mean I actually have to run an install script now?" If it does I can't find one to run.

Hmm. Bedtime. Definitely!

Kind regards,

Julian