Re: [LUG] Epson Stylus Photo R200

On Monday 07 February 2005 12:48 am, Julian Hall wrote:
Anyway, at this stage I'm scratching my head a bit as CUPS, KOPete and
GIMP-Print are all past the make install stage, but I don't know what to
do next.

Is the printer visible / configurable in the KDE Print Manager? Load the KDE
Control Centre and view the Printer peripheral as administrator. If it
doesn't show up, try adding a new printer using a right click.

I've had problems with this with OOo - my printer config keeps disappearing
and each time I want to print from OOo I have to reconfigure the printer in
KDE. Strange - but I do so little printing that it's not high on my list of
things to fix.

My slightly logical thought was "OK I've *made* the install
files (at least that's what make install does isnt it?

make install copies the binaries and default config files into their usable
locations.

), does that mean
I actually have to run an install script now?

Probably not, although you may well have to configure other applications to
work with the new package.

--

Neil Williams