Re: [LUG] Epson Stylus Photo R200

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:28:03 +0000
Julian Hall wrote:

Neil, Robin, thanks guys the FAT32 was most of the problem.  However, I
just tried to compile the latest CUPS 5.0.0 Beta2, the make worked, make
install didn't.

The errors I got are as below:

[snip]

This was logged in (as you can see) as me.  Should I try this as root?

Yes.  There are (to my knowledge) very few things that are designed to be "make
install"ed as a normal user.  Of course it actually has more to do with directory
permissions, etc, but it's normally easier to simply "su" on a single-user system.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.