Re: [LUG] Wireless suggestions please :)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:53:56 +0000
Julian Hall wrote:

Hi All,

Just two quick ones please :)

Two!  There's blatantly three questions here! :D

3.  Daft question I expect.  I know there is a lead provided to plug the
PC into the router initially to set it up.  Couldn't this be left in
afterwards and negate the need for wireless use of the desktop PC?

The short answer: it depends.
The long answer: it depends on what type of cable it is, how the thing is used, etc,
etc.
If it's a network cable, then we can presume that this is an option.
If it's a USB cable, then *possibly*.
If it's a serial cable, then almost certainly not.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.