Re: [LUG] Wireless suggestions please :)

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 02:53:56PM +0000, Julian Hall wrote:

1.  The Netgear FWG114PUK wireless broadband router.  Any comments on
usage, range, setup etc?  Linux installation?

I don't know much about wireless but here are a few thoughts (for
general refutation).  My router is a Netgear DG834G but it may be
comparable. I don't think the OS matters at all since you set it up
via a browser. It is best to set it up initially with the PC connected
via an ethernet cable and if your PC is next to the router it may as
well stay plugged in that way.  I have the router on top of a book
case on the ground floor and there is not a lot of space there so the
aerial is at 45 deg rather than upright. The PC is on the top (second)
floor and it works ok. I believe the signal strength is 63% which
seems adequate. Let us know how you get on.

Tony Sumner