[LUG] Wireless suggestions please :)

Hi All,

Just two quick ones please :)

1. The Netgear FWG114PUK wireless broadband router. Any comments on usage, range, setup etc? Linux installation? I need the print server so options are a tad limited.

2. Positioning of the aerial. The PC is in a corner next to a warrobe (not-negotiable location). Currently my wired router is sat next to it on the floor. It would be a major undertaking (bordering on impossible) to put the detachable aerial on top of the wardrobe. How badly would the low position affect range?

3. Daft question I expect. I know there is a lead provided to plug the PC into the router initially to set it up. Couldn't this be left in afterwards and negate the need for wireless use of the desktop PC?

Kind regards,

Julian