Re: [LUG] Transplanting hard drives

Neil Williams wrote:

How long did it take to reconfigure?

I had to change the network to via-rhine in the /etc/modules.conf I think. Also the XF86Config I can't remember the chipset. There were probably loads of other things, it was about a year ago.

Did you solve all the problems or were there issues outstanding that you could expect to have been resolved if a normal install was possible?

Normal install would have been a better choice in terms of time. But I must of had time and curiousity then!

(Couldn't you have done a network install for that box?)

Actually I did that in the end, I dual booted with Debian Sarge of a magazine DVD. And before it had a harddrive it booted over the network using LTSP and was intended to be used a an embedded controller.

Regards
Andrew