[LUG] Lost network connection

Hi
Can anyone help.
After removing my Fedora hard drive and fixing it to a newer computer I am unable to
connect to the network. Before I made the change the linux box was conected to the
internet through a windows xp computer via a cross-over cable with DHCP.  I have run
the windows network wizard to establish a connection and run the linux network
wizard many times, but with no success

When I run ifconfig I only get information on lo (loopback?)

When I run /etc/init.d/network restart I get:
4 packets transmiited. 0 received, +3 errors, 100% package loss, time 2999ms, pipe 4
failed

I know I am omitting some vital elemant but I don't know what it is, can anyone
throw some light on the situation?
Thanks in advance
Aaron