Re: [LUG] Meeting in Paignton Booked week earlier, plus dementedIT teacher culling

Ben Goodger wrote:

Hi,

Just trying to work out the train times for Plymouth to Paignton or
Lostwithiel to Paignton. All the train co.s' websites have been
unforthcoming in this area, so it'll be a long slog before I know
whether I can feasibly get to Paignton.

Next time can we have something in Plymouth or something? An hour and
a half is not really very convenient for a Thursday night.

Also..
Is there anything anyone can suggest to force my Computing teacher to
accept Open Source? We're stuck with Windoze XP with RM Communism
Connect thruout the school and the silly cow won't even accept that
Firefox is a feasible addition to 'the mainframe' (actually a small
pile of Windows NT4 servers  - blegh.) The Open Source Association is
campaigning to try and get her to allow us to use Flash Linux but to
no avail at current.

Ben

Ben,

I'm in Newton Abbot and you'll have to change trains here. I'm going to ask my mate if he'll go with me, so if he can drop me over I'll see if we can give you a lift. If all else fails there's probably a couple of other people in this area, or maybe in Plymouth tho will be going?

I think you'll find that the RM software is used a lot in schools, was the case when I was at school, we didn't like it, but it wasn't the students, or even at my school for a while, the technicians who made the choice.

Rob