Re: [LUG] Building a Debian Mirror?

On Saturday 15 January 2005 6:16 pm, Grant Sewell wrote:
It's far easier to update an existing mirror than load a whole new one.

My intention is not to have a permanent mirror that's available on the
Internet (... although that is a possible consideration for future use),
but rather to use a single computer to host a complete Debian stable so
that we can do multiple concurrent installations over a network in an
environment where WAN connectivity is not necessarily guaranteed.

Would that mean that it's available for non-GLUG purposes?

As I understand the GLUG mission, ANY installations of GNU/Linux anywhere
remotely within our area and quite a few beyond it, are to be encouraged and
assisted by the GLUG. There is no conflict - anything to do with installing
Debian on new system is well within the purposes of this group.

Just because it doesn't coincide with a GLUG meeting is irrelevant - if Matt
is willing to trust you with his hardware, then the mirror is still in the
hands of a GLUG member, operating to further the aims of the GLUG in a manner
that enhances and publicises the role of the GLUG to new groups of people.

It's Matt's decision, if he's happy, then by definition, the mirror is being
used for GLUG purposes.

--

Neil Williams