Re: [LUG] Fedora 2 - USB -Scanner Problems

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 22:21, PL-J wrote:
Hi

I am having problems with my scanner, (Epson 1640).  It used to be there,
now its gone!  I have tried moving the USB from the hub to the computer to
no avail.  The computer can see my TV Card, and thats it.  (I have also
gone back to an early kernel, again no help)

I am putting this down to USB problems, and so am looking at the other two
ports at the back of the scanner. (SCSI and Option), unless someone has a
clever idea.

What I really want to sort out is the IP addresses on my router, but thats
another story.

When you plug the scanner in, what do you see in the syslog ?
IIRC, in RedHat the syslog is /var/log/messages.
as root, do 'tail -f /var/log/messages' and then plug the scanner in.

Jon