Re: [LUG] Fedora 2 - USB -Scanner Problems

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:21:27 +0000
PL-J wrote:

Hi

I am having problems with my scanner, (Epson 1640).  It used to be there, now
its gone!  I have tried moving the USB from the hub to the computer to no
avail.  The computer can see my TV Card, and thats it.  (I have also gone
back to an early kernel, again no help)

I am putting this down to USB problems, and so am looking at the other two
ports at the back of the scanner. (SCSI and Option), unless someone has a
clever idea.

What I really want to sort out is the IP addresses on my router, but thats
another story.

Thanks

Peter

If you run the scanning programmes as root, can you see the scanner?
(sane-find-scanner, scanimage -l, etc, etc)

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.