Re: [LUG] Lilo conpile error: Fatal: Default image does not exist.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:47:44 +0000
Julian Hall wrote:

Hi All,

[snip]

Incidentally the reason for re-editing the list was that I had to
reinstall Mandrake, but in the process for reasons that are totally
mysterious to me, it added entries for "windows 1" through "windows 5"
and I want to get rid of them :)

Kind regards,

Julian

I'm not sure if it's a Mandrake thing, but it seems to be.  Basically the routine
where it checks what OSs are present isn't an exact science.  It checks what
partition types are present, any Windows (VFAT/NTFS) seem to get added regardless of
whether they contain a bootable system or not.

BTW, it would seem that the default line is either missing or is pointing to an
invalid entry.

If the original lilo.conf file has a "default=linux" line, and you change the
"label=linux" line to "label=Mandrake", then you need to change the default line
too.  Even though the entry is the same, because the name has changed lilo can't
find it.  It would be more helpful if the lilo error message said what default it
was looking for, but that's a minor point.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.