Re: [LUG] Lilo conpile error: Fatal: Default image does not exist.

dave morgan wrote:

are you missing a default line?

from my lilo.conf

# Boot up Linux by default.
#
#default=Linux
default=linux-2.6.8

Dave

Thanks Dave :)

The default line *was* there, but Lilo didn't like the fact that I renamed the label for the default to 'Mandrake_10' (just to be a bit more descriptive really). So I had:

default="linux"
   label="Mandrake_10"

I tried editing it to say 'default ="Mandrake_10" but it then said "image does not exist". Changed it back to the default of "linux" and /sbin/lilo ran without error.

Kind regards,

Julian