Re: [LUG] Installing new software

Neil Williams wrote:
On Saturday 08 January 2005 8:09 am, aaron Moore wrote:

Inkscape is not yet at version 1 which often means that problems like this have not yet been solved.

Cough - this is a SuSE packaging/dependency problem, nothing to do with Inkscape which works very nicely.

Aaron should be talking to SuSE people, or the person who packaged the application.

Aaron,

to establish if the system has all the files that were installed using RPM, and that they have the correct permissions etc, you can use the "rpm" commands "verify" feature, but I think that is overkill for this problem.

Check the RPM is correct for the version of SuSE (it shouldn't have installed if it wasn't), and make sure all your SuSE libraries are upto date, including libc. Hopefully that is just a single click inside the Yast software update tool, but it has been a while since I used SuSE.