[LUG] Installing new software

Greetings
I have been trying to install inkscape onto suse 9.1. I have updated gtk files and
it seems to be
installed, but when I click on the icon it just dies.  When I run it from the shell
I get:

inkscape: error while loading shared libraries:
/opt/gnome/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
g_type_class_add_private

Can anyone offer advice on this. Is there a program like windows system works that
can scan all files
for errorThanx in advance
Aaron