Re: [LUG] Installing/Running Linux on an iMac?

On 4 Jan 2005, at 11:57, Rob Beard wrote:

Still, if she has got OS X it would probably save her the time of getting it
reinstalled and she'd be able to hopefully use her existing software under
Classic is it?

Correct. If she has broadband, it'd advisable to run Software Update, too.

Its been a while since I played with OS X, my memory of it is a bit sketchy,
although I do remember considering buying a Mac after playing with it for a
month.

It's very nice, and neither Mandrake nor Yellow Dog are really up to the job in terms of functionality and ease of use.

<http://search.ebay.co.uk/ panther_Computing_W0QQcatrefZC2QQfromZR40QQsacategoryZ160QQsojsZ1QQsomor ecategoriesZ1QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1>

You'd pick a copy up there for well under £100; and Panther is really really nice to use.

matt