Re: [LUG] Installing/Running Linux on an iMac?

My friend isn't very computer literate, she also lives in Norwich so I would
be talking her through the installation of Linux on the phone.

It is very likely that she already has OS X on the hard disk, actually.

How to check:-

Ask her to open up the 'Macintosh HD' icon from the desktop.

If there is a folder called 'System' as well as 'System Folder' then she has OS X, and can choose to load this by changing the Startup Disk in Control Panels (accessed via the Apple menu at the top left of the screen)

matt