Re: [LUG] DVD Player

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:06:27 +0000
Benjamin A'Lee wrote:

As far as I know, MPlayer isn't free.  However, I have this in my sources.list:
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
which has MPlayer all nicely packaged for download.

MPlayer is "free" - or at least as free at the GPL allows it to be :D  I wasn't sure
so I just checked it out, root directory of mplayer sources has a license file
containing the GPL.  Curious that is isn't included in even the non-free sources.
Could be due to licensing issues with some of the codecs, but then they're packaged
separately anyway.  I'm stumped.

Thanks for the tip on debian mplayer location.  Adding to my sources list now.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.