[LUG] Fedora

Hi Guys

Having obtained a new computer I now want to use it to backup files downloaded from the net (i.e. web pages) and also to backup OS X files. I am used to building RH 9.0 servers and that was what I was going to turn to.... but of course it is old and RH are no longer issuing updates. So is it worth going down the Fedora road and installing that? Is it very like RH in its use?

Or is there a different distro worth using? My difficulty is that I would like to get this up and running quickly and not have to have to steep a learning curve. i.e. at this point I want to avoid Debian but there again, I might not!

Any advice gladly accepted. Thanks.

Rich
www.littlebigfoot.org.uk
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger bringing good news." Isaiah 52 v 7 (The Message)