Re: [LUG] Superfluity of Information

Robin Cornelius wrote:

I personaly like spamassassin but this would require a slightly more complex setup, as this is designed to "fit somewhere between" the incomming mail and the mail app, But if you are intrested then just ask!

I love SA too, although in my case it's being called through MailScanner (does various things, like quarantine bad or dangerous filenamed attachments, very flexible).

I'm stuck with maintaining a bunch of very well known and much abused email addresses (around 500 spams and viruses a day). I filter much of it through an eclipse account now, which filters out a lot of junk (so much so that it makes Mailscanner mostly redundant), but the spam still gets through to be reliably eaten by SA.

I've also switched the clients onto Thunderbird and taught them how to get it learning what is spam for the few that do get through SA.

It mostly works very well. A lot of work to get there, and best to avoid publishing an email address at all if you can help it (one of these have been on websites for 8 years, so you can imagine it's on most bulk lists).

--
Simon Avery