Re: [LUG] Superfluity of Information

On Monday 13 December 2004 16:34, Mervyn Mitchell wrote:

MS has a programme called Mailwasher which appears to allow inspection
of e-mails prior to download and then permits bounces and deletes any
identified as spam or unwanted without download - Is there any similar
programme in Linux - preferably compatible with the Mozilla or
Thunderbird format
The only way to run Mailwasher under Linux appears to be to run it with
Wine and this is too complex and clunky for my simple skills
regards
Mervyn

Thunderbird has built in anti-spam, you can right click on messages and mark
as spam (which helps it automatically identify spam in the future). There is
also an option to move suspected spam to a folder and do what you like with
it from there.

I personaly like spamassassin but this would require a slightly more complex
setup, as this is designed to "fit somewhere between" the incomming mail and
the mail app, But if you are intrested then just ask!

--

Robin Cornelius
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx